1/30/2010

Best Friends


Ken Griffey Jr. and I go way back... well, at least through yesterday.

Standing in an airport security line yesterday the man behind me tapped me on the shoulder to tell me that my laptop's light was blinking. I turned around to find out that it was baseball's greatest player of all time, Ken Griffey Jr. Ok, so Jr's not a Mac enthusiast. Who doesn't know the light on a Macbook Pro always blinks when turned off? Jeeezz. Anway, we spent the next 3 minutes catching up, he dominating the entire world of baseball for the past 20 years and me dominating the entire world of Filemaker Pro. I did thank him for doing it right during the "steriod" era of baseball. He thanked me and wished more people would recognize the same. So, if you happen to see Mr. Griffey standing in an airport line go up and let him know.

Mr. Griffey, I mean Ken, no wait, Jr. - give me a call. Your new best friend Dougie Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment